1. The purpose of this designation is to:
a. Identify publicly-owned land used or planned for use as a public park.
b. Protect and promote land use compatibility between public parks and neighboring land uses.
c. Prevent the displacement or elimination of public parks, except as may be allowed through the amendment process for the Land Use Designation Map.
2. New public parks and public trails may be established and are permitted in any land use designation. At the next appropriate opportunity, the Land Use Designation Map shall be amended to reflect the presence of the new public park.
3. A change in land use designation shall be required prior to the conversion of a property designated Public Park for other than public recreational use.
4. For land uses designated as permitted (P) by Chapter 14.207 SMC, the initial development of or a substantive alteration of a public park will require an administrative development plan. The City and the applicant may agree to process an administrative development plan application as a Type 5 instead of a Type 1 permit or a Type 6 instead of a Type 4 permit.
5. For land uses designated as conditional uses (C) by Chapter 14.207 SMC, the initial development of or a substantive alteration of a public park will require approval of a conditional use permit per SMC 14.65.010. (Ord. 2214, 2011)