A. Business parks shall have access to a minor arterial; however, direct access shall be taken from the lower classification of roadway, if an option is available. Access shall be provided in accordance with City traffic plans and constructed per Public Works Design and Construction Standards.
B. Criteria for approval of the site development plan shall include the prevention of strip commercial development and the protection of environmentally critical areas.
C. A minimum of five (5) acres will normally be required for a business park development; however, existing smaller parcels that cannot be aggregated together to establish a five (5) acre project will be allowed, subject to appropriate review and conditions. See SMC 14.211.030(A).
D. Townhouse and apartment styles of multifamily residential use are permitted in conjunction with commercial use on the same site provided:
1. The gross square footage of the residential uses does not exceed the gross square footage of the commercial uses; and
2. The residential density does not exceed eighteen (18) dwelling units per acre.
E. Two (2) or more noncontiguous parcels in the business park zoning district may be determined to constitute one (1) development site when all of the following conditions are satisfied:
1. The parcels are within one-quarter (1/4) mile, measured between nearest property lines, so that land development conditions and issues are substantially similar.
2. The parcels are in common ownership throughout the permitting and construction process.
3. Construction activity upon all parcels is requested, reviewed, and permitted through one (1) land use development application.
4. Signs, structures, and other improvements on all parcels exhibit common architectural design features.
5. The names given to the related developments on the noncontiguous parcels have common words and themes.
6. The parcels are connected by a pedestrian walkway.
F. Development in the business park zone shall be subject to design review using the General Design Standards per Chapter 14.230 SMC. (Ord. 2438, 2022)