14.237.040 Permit Issuance.
A. Permit shall be issued by the Engineering Department upon proper application therefor and upon payment of fees to be set by separate Council resolution. Unless provided otherwise on the face of the permit, the permit shall be effective for one year, but may, with cause shown, be extended by the City Engineer for an additional one-year period.
B. Permit shall be issued only in conjunction with one or more of the following:
1. Approved building permit;
2. Approved administrative development plan;
3. Utility extension;
4. Property access road;
5. Approved conditional use permit;
6. Approved street, water, storm and sanitary sewer construction drawings for a preliminary plat or short plat;
7. Approved shoreline permit;
8. Special permission of the permit authority based on a demonstration that extenuating and/or special circumstances are present and that the project is consistent with the grading and drainage plan with landscaping, soil stabilization and surface groundcover elements including continuous maintenance;
a. Decision Criteria. The permit authority may approve or approve with modifications an application submitted under this subsection only if:
i. The proposal is in accord with the comprehensive plan, comprehensive drainage plan, land use development code, drainage management code and other City codes and adopted standards,
ii. The approval of the proposal will not pose a threat to or be detrimental to the public health, safety and welfare, and
iii. The applicant has demonstrated that approval of the proposal independent of obtaining other permits is appropriate for the reasonable development or maintenance of the property and when the application specifies the size, location, and type of proposed uses for the project when it is completely developed.
b. Time Limits May Be Imposed. For any permit authorized under this subsection the permit authority may impose a time limit within which the proposed site work must be completed, generally not to exceed one year.
c. Conditions May Be Imposed. For any permit authorized under this subsection the permit authority may impose any conditions deemed necessary to mitigate potential adverse impacts on the environment and the public’s health, safety, and general welfare. (Ord. 2315, 2016)