Manufactured home: a structure, transportable in one (1) or more sections, which is built on a permanent chassis and is designed for use with or without a permanent foundation when attached to the required utilities. The term “manufactured home” does not include “recreational vehicle.”
Manufactured home park or subdivision: a parcel (or contiguous parcels) of land divided into two (2) or more manufactured home lots for rent or sale.
Marina: a water-dependent facility that provides docking, launching, storage, supplies, moorage and other accessory services limited to showers, toilets, self-service laundries, and boat fueling, for five (5) or more pleasure and/or commercial water craft.
Maximum dwelling units: the highest number of units per acre permitted in the project’s land use designation. See also “Density.”
Mean sea level: for purposes of the National Flood Insurance Program, the vertical datum to which base flood elevations shown on a community’s Flood Insurance Rate Map are referenced.
Minimum lot size: the smallest area of a unit of real estate allowed for the property to be used or developed pursuant to the regulations of the land use designation in which it is located.
Minor variance: a departure of no more than ten (10) percent from a dimensional standard of this Development Code.
Mitigation: avoiding, minimizing, or compensating for adverse impacts on critical areas. Mitigation, in the following sequential order of preference, is:
1. Avoiding the impact altogether by not taking a certain action or parts of an action.
2. Minimizing impacts by limiting the degree or magnitude of the action and its implementation by using appropriate technology or by taking affirmative steps to avoid or reduce impacts.
3. Rectifying the impact by repairing, rehabilitating, or restoring the affected environment to the conditions existing at the time of the initiation of the project.
4. Reducing or eliminating the impact or hazard over time by preservation and maintenance operations during the life of the action.
5. Compensating for the impact by replacing, enhancing, or providing substitute resources or environments.
6. Monitoring the impact or other required mitigation and taking remedial action when necessary.
Mitigation for individual actions may include a combination of the above measures.
Mobile home park: a development with two (2) or more improved pads or spaces designed to accommodate manufactured homes and other prefabricated structures, built in a factory on a permanently attached chassis before being transported to site.
Monopole: a style of freestanding wireless communications antenna support structure consisting of a single shaft usually composed of two (2) or more hollow sections that are attached to a foundation on the ground. This type of antenna support structure is designed to support itself without the use of guy wires or other stabilization devices.
Monument sign: a ground-based freestanding sign which is constructed or connected directly on or to a sign support consisting of a permanent solid base material foundation.
Multifamily: a development of two (2) or more attached dwelling units.
Multifamily unit: a dwelling unit in a multifamily structure. (Ord. 2401, 2020)