A. Existing Structures. Within the NE Sewer Area, existing structures with on-site sewage disposal systems (septic tanks) will be required to connect to City sewer if within the City limits, as to connection and extension, at such time as required by SMC 15.04.140.
Existing structures within the NE Sewer Area shall pay for the development of extensions and capacity improvements as follows:
1. As to the Cemetery Creek Special Project, if and when required by any ordinances addressing the Cemetery Creek Special Project;
2. As to any local or interim capacity or extension improvements, if any, when required by any applicable ordinance, cost recovery agreement, or as required by any assessment for a local improvement district.
At the time of connection, existing structures also shall be required to pay meter and related charges and any City general facility charge, unless some other provision of City ordinance allows for the said meter and facility charge to be deferred or paid by an increase in the amount of monthly service charge.
B. Lots without Structures. Lots with new structures for human habitation or commercial use in the NE Sewer Area will be required to connect to City sewer at such time as a building permit is issued for any building or structure for human habitation or commercial use. At such time of building permit issuance, payment of all fees for meter placement of the City’s general facility charge shall be required.
C. Issuance of Building Permit for New Structures. No building permit will issue for a new structure for human habitation or commercial use in the NE Sewer Area until the earlier of the following:
1. Segments 2 and 3 of the Cemetery Special Project and any local extensions have been built and are available for connection; or
2. Interim sewer extensions and capacity improvements have been built to serve the new structures for human habitation and commercial use. Such interim extensions and capacity improvements shall not be built by the City but shall have been built by such owner or developer prior to the issuance of any occupancy permit. Such extensions and capacity improvements shall not increase the degree or amount of capacity insufficiency at any location in the City’s sewer system. The owner or developer of such extensions or capacity improvements, to the extent allowed by law, may seek cost recovery under a recovery contract, or if a local improvement district is formed, from the local improvement district. If the extension or capacity improvements are for improvements designated on the City’s Capital Facilities Plan, the owner or developer also may seek, to the extent allowed by law, a credit against any general facilities charge. At the time of connection to such extension or capacity improvements, payment for all fees for meter placement and of the City’s general facility charge shall be required.
3. Effect of Interim Sewer Extensions and Capacity Improvements. Connection to interim sewer extension and capacity improvements, and payment of fees and charges associated with the same, shall not affect and shall not reduce any requirement for payment of fees, charges, and assessments imposed for the Cemetery Creek Special Project and the future connection to said special project upon demand by the City. (Ord. 2252, 2013; Ord. 2384, 2019)