1. Establishment. There is established for purposes of calculating the stormwater user’s fee the equivalent residential unit (ERU).
2. Single Family ERU. The average square footage of impervious surface of a detached single family residential property, which shall be 2,500 square feet.
3. Non-Residential ERU. 2,500 square feet of impervious surface for all property other than that developed as single family detached residential.
4. Setting the ERU. The fee or rate per ERU shall be set by the City Council from time to time by ordinance or resolution.
5. Source of ERU. The City Engineer shall have the discretion to determine the source of the data from which the ERU is established, taking into consideration the general acceptance and use of such source on the part of other stormwater systems, and the reliability and general accuracy of the source. The City Engineer shall have the discretion to determine the impervious surface area of other developed property through property tax assessor’s rolls or site examination, mapping information, aerial photographs, and other reliable information. (Ord. 2060, 2004.)