A. No person shall work as a manager, assistant manager, security personnel or adult entertainer at an adult cabaret without an entertainer’s, managers, or security personnel’s license from the City. Each applicant for a manager’s, security personnel’s or entertainer’s license shall complete an application on forms provided by the City containing the information identified below. A nonrefundable application fee as set by resolution of the City Council shall accompany the application. A copy of the application shall be provided to the Police Department for its review, investigation and recommendation. All applications shall be signed by the applicant and certified to be true under penalty of perjury. The license application shall require the following information:
1. The applicant’s name, home address, home telephone number, date and place of birth, fingerprints taken by Snohomish Police Department employees, Social Security number, and in the entertainer’s application any stage names or nicknames used in entertaining.
2. The name and address of each business at which the applicant intends to work.
3. Documentation that the applicant has attained the age of eighteen (18) years. Any two of the following shall be accepted as documentation of age:
a. a motor vehicle operator’s license issued by any state bearing the applicant’s photograph and date of birth;
b. a state-issued identification card bearing the applicant’s photograph and date of birth;
c. an official passport issued by the United States of America;
d. an immigration card issued by the United States of America; or
e. any other identification that the City determines to be acceptable.
4. A complete statement of all convictions of the applicant for any misdemeanor or felony violations in this or any other city, county, or state within five (5) years immediately preceding the date of the application, except parking violations or minor traffic infractions.
5. A description of the applicant’s principal activities or services to be rendered.
6. Two (2) two-inch by two-inch color photographs of applicant, taken within six (6) months of the date of application showing only the full face.
7. Authorization for the City, its agents and employees to investigate and confirm any statements set forth in the application.
8. Every adult entertainer and each and all security personnel shall provide his or her license to the adult cabaret manager on duty on the premises prior to beginning work. The manager shall retain the licenses of the adult entertainers and security personnel readily available for inspection by the City at any time during business hours of the adult cabaret.
B. The Clerk may request additional information or clarification when necessary to determine compliance with this chapter.
C. An adult cabaret manager’s or security personnel’s or adult entertainer’s license shall be issued by the Clerk within fourteen (14) days from the date the complete application and fee are received unless the Clerk determines that the applicant has failed to provide any information required to be supplied according to this chapter, has made any false, misleading or fraudulent statement of material fact in the application, or has failed to meet any of the requirements for issuance of a license under this chapter. If the Clerk determines that the applicant has failed to qualify for the license applied for, the Clerk shall deny the application in writing and shall cite the specific reasons therefor, including applicable laws. If the Clerk has failed to approve or deny an application for an adult cabaret manager’s or security personnel’s license within fourteen (14) days of filing of a complete application, the applicant may, subject to all other applicable laws, commence work as an adult cabaret manager or as security personnel in a duly licensed adult cabaret until notified by the Clerk that the license has been denied, but in no event may the Clerk extend the application review time for more than an additional twenty (20) days.
D. An applicant for an adult entertainer’s license shall be issued a temporary license upon receipt of a complete license application and fee. Said temporary license will automatically expire on the fourteenth day following the filing of the complete application and fee, unless the Clerk has failed to approve or deny the license application, in which case the temporary license shall be valid until the Clerk approves or denies the application, or until the final determination of any appeal from a denial of the application. In no event may the Clerk extend the application review time for more than an additional twenty (20) days. If the Clerk determines that the adult entertainer has failed to quality for the license applied for, the Clerk shall deny the application in writing and shall cite the specific reasons therefor, including applicable laws.
E. A license issued under this section shall be valid for one year and must be annually renewed. The annual renewal fee for a manager, assistant manager, adult entertainer or for security personnel shall be set by resolution of the City Council. (Ord. 2299, 2016.)