Fees for licensing shall be set by resolution.
A. All adult dogs, harbored, kept, or maintained within the City shall be licensed annually, and within thirty days of being moved into the City.
B. Licenses shall be issued upon payment of the appropriate fee as set by resolution and upon proof of current vaccination for rabies from a licensed veterinarian.
C. All allowed exotic animals harbored, kept, or maintained within the City shall be licensed.
1. License tags shall be securely displayed at all times, except when the animal is displayed in any official exhibition. A license, with registration number, shall be supplied by the City of Snohomish.
2. Licenses are not transferable to another animal. License information may be transferred to a new owner upon payment of the applicable fee.
3. Lifetime licenses shall only be issued for altered pets.
4. With the exception of lifetime licenses, all licenses provided for in this section shall expire on December 31st of each year.
5. Animal license fees shall be specified by resolution.
E. Any dog which is declared to be a “dangerous dog” as defined by SMC Section 7.04.020 shall be required to be micro-chipped by a veterinarian of the owner’s choice, at the owner’s expense pursuant to this title and also be licensed. The owner shall provide proof of micro-chip installation. (Ord. 1915, 1999; Ord. 2022, 2003; Ord. 2193, 2010) (Ord. 2193, 2010; Ord. 2022, 2003; Ord. 1915, 1999.)