A. In-water structural uses may be permitted provided they conform to the substantive critical areas requirements of this chapter (SMC 14.250.330) and the priorities of the shoreline restoration plan are addressed in designing measures to mitigate project impacts. It shall be the applicants’ responsibility to obtain all required state and federal approvals for work below the ordinary high water mark.
B. Applications for installation of in-water utility facilities shall include the following (at a minimum):
1. Justification that the facility must be located in a shoreline area;
2. Alternative locations considered and reasons for their elimination;
3. Location of other utility facilities in the project vicinity;
4. Proposed method(s) of construction; and
5. Plans for restoration of areas disturbed during construction. (Ord. 2336, 2018)