A. In addition to the requirements of SMC 14.255.060, critical area reports for critical aquifer recharge areas shall include a hydro geologic assessment.
B. Level 1 (basic) hydro geologic assessments shall be prepared for all critical aquifer recharge areas and shall include the following information:
1. Available information regarding geology and hydrogeology of the site, including permeability of the unsaturated zone;
2. Ground water depth, flow direction, and gradient based on available information;
3. Available data on wells and springs within 1,300 feet;
4. Location of other critical areas, including surface waters, within 1,300 feet; and
5. Best management practices proposed to be utilized.
C. A Level 2 (more detailed) hydro geologic assessment shall be prepared in compliance with the following:
1. A Level 2 hydro geologic assessment shall be prepared for the following activities:
a. Activities that divert, alter, or reduce the flow of surface or ground waters, or otherwise reduce the recharging of the aquifer;
b. The use of hazardous substances, other than household chemicals used according to the directions specified on the packaging;
c. Injection wells; and
d. Any other activity determined by the City Planner as being likely to have an adverse impact on ground water quality or quantity.
2. A Level 2 Hydro geologic assessment shall include the following information:
a. Historic water quality data for the area to be affected by the proposed development;
b. Ground water monitoring plan;
c. Potential effects on water quality and quantity of nearby wells and water bodies; and
d. Analysis of equipment or structures that could fail and regular inspection, repair, and replacement necessary to prevent such failure.